1. Today I was reminded I live in Sweden because we had lunch, and my son said, “Yay, mackerel!”
2. Jimmie Ã…kesson, the leader of the anti-immigrant, right wing party, is off from politics right now because he is on paternity leave.
3. I had a two-week vacation over Christmas and New Year’s, and I have another week of vacation at the end of January. We’re going skiing.
4. My 6-month-old son is outside sleeping in his baby carriage. It’s just below freezing out there.
5. A few days ago while my in-laws were visiting they had to interrupt the visit to watch the TV — a cross-country skiing competition was on.